Saturday, July 4, 2009

She's here!!!!


Camdyn is FINALLY here!!! She arrived Wednesday, June 24th at 4:21pm. She was 7 pounds 7 ounces and 20 inches long. She has A LOT of thick black hair and I'm hoping she keeps it. I need at least one of my children to resemble their Mother;-) Everyone says she looks a lot like me and she really favors my baby pictures.

Brien and I have been fortunate to have a lot of help since Camdyn's arrival. Both sets of parents were here for her birth. My parents stayed a week and Brien's Mom will be here until Tuesday. We've had several friends stop by with goodies and invites for dinner! THANKS for everyone's support!


The Houses with Camdyn

The Williams' with Camdyn and Callie

Our first meeting as a family of 4! Callie loves to kiss Camdyn. She kept reaching for Camdyn and saying, "Hold you, Hold you".


The proud Big Sister!
Most of you know that I was really nervous about "loving" two children. It's funny now!!! My entire pregnancy I was so excited to be pregnant and I wanted Camdyn so much. It's just a little weird thinking about loving two children the same, etc. Everyone said I was normal and they went through the same thing with their second baby. From the moment Camdyn was placed in my arms I never thought about this again. Your heart just becomes so much bigger. I can't describe how much I love my two girls...especially when I see them together.

Callie meeting Camdyn and Mommy is a little emotional holding my two girls!

My doctor was going to let us come home the next day (he's AWESOME!) but Camdyn had jaundice. We expected it since Callie came home on bili lights too. We had to stay the second night so Camdyn could be under the lights. Her labs were much better the next morning so we went home. She had to stay under a bili blanket for 2 more days. She's fine now and we're thankful she didn't have jaundice quite as bad as Callie did.

We're HOME!!!!!


Most of Camdyn's days are spent like this;-) She is such a good baby. I hate to say it so I don't jinx us but she is perfect! She sleeps all night except for waking twice to eat. Callie ate at least 3 times a night! I'm only awake about 30 minutes at night...about 15 for each feeding. She's been sleeping in until 7:30 or 8:00 too! I told Brien this was a piece of cake! Remind me I said this when I'm complaining in a few weeks! She seems so laid back and easy going! She definitely got this from her Daddy because her Mommy doesn't have that personality!

Did I mention how proud Callie is of her Little Sister?!?!?! She likes to help feed Camdyn but she likes to put the bottle in and out of her mouth. Obviously, Camdyn is not amused at all! We're working on this! I'm just so thankful Callie likes to help and isn't jealous..so far. I've tried to give her lots of extra attention and she is a little more of a Mommy's girl lately. We'll figure it out!

Callie weighed 7 pounds 13 ounces but I don't remember her being this TINY!!! Look at Camdyn's little feet and toes!

9 days old


We're doing GREAT! I don't even feel like I just had a baby (other than some extra pounds I need to lose!). Labor is so much different the second time around! Brien and I have two beautiful baby girls and I feel like our little family is perfect! We are so proud and can't imagine life without "our girls"!



2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading this! I am so glad that everything is so perfect...makes me want to go ahead and have another baby, but I am going to hold off until next year. Camdyn does look so much like you! She's beautiful! Hope ya'll had a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erica!
    I found your blog through Elly's this morning and I was so surprised! Congrats on the new baby! What a sweet family you have. I will have to read back to catch up with you.
    So glad to have found your link. I will link it through our family blog so I can stay updated. Enjoy your new little blessing. They grow up soooo quickly.

    Katie Puccio Snow
    kepuccio@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete