All I can say is, "Thank you God for giving me my happy baby back". Most of you have heard me say that Camdyn is such a happy baby. She has been easy since she was born. She was 8 weeks old Wednesday and for 7.5 of those she went to bed between 8-9 and ate at 2 and 5 and up at 7ish. Callie was never like that. She was still eating twice a night at 3 months!
I knew something was up Friday night when she was up at midnight screaming her head off and she wouldn't eat. Friday around noon I noticed a rash on her cheeks/neck. I thought it was just a heat rash, even though it doesn't really get hot in Colorado. She was up off and on all night Friday so Saturday I took her to Urgent Care just to make sure she didn't have an ear infection. Callie had never had one so I didn't know what the symptoms were. Callie had a cold last week so I thought it was worth checking out. Her ears were fine but the dr. told me to give her Karo syrup water and she may have reflux or a stomach virus. Her belly was rumbling and you could hear it when we would hold her. Saturday night was AWFUL! I was up from 12-4 with her screaming. I held her in my arms and slept on the floor of her nursery with her from 4-7. She cried all day Sunday and Monday. We took her to our pediatrician Monday. He suspected silent reflux and changed her formula and gave us Zantac. Monday night was the worse night we've had. She was in so much pain. I don't know who cried the most...me or Camdyn. Brien was trying to be so supportive, telling me I had to be strong for her, and he got up with her so I could sleep some. Staying up all night is fine when you only have 1 baby. My 20 month old doesn't understand why Mommy doesn't feel like playing nonstop from 8:30-1:00! I was so upset I couldn't do anything to help my hurting baby. It had nothing to do with being tired or wanting to sleep. I just wanted God to let me hurt instead of my sweet baby girl.
I was updating my Mom Tuesday and telling her how Cam's rash looked worse. She told me I had all of the same symptoms as a baby and had to be switched to soy formula. Her next bottle was soy and she took the entire bottle. From Friday to Tuesday she wouldn't eat more than an ounce at a time. She would arch her back and scream! She started smiling and cooing after that bottle. She had occasional pains and would cry but for the most part she was much happier! She slept better that night. Last night she was back to normal and I feel like we have our baby back! She goes down around 8, eats at 3am, and is up around 6:30. She's smiling and cooing and definitely knows her Mommy's voice! I just pray the soy is what she need and continues to work for her. Her rash is gone from her face but she still has a little on her neck. We are pretty sure the soy is what did it but maybe it was the Zantac or a combo of both. Who cares?!!?!?!? We are just happy she isn't hurting!
Here is our sweet, happy, smiley Camdyn!
I can't believe she is almost two months old!
I can't leave out my precious Callie. She talks nonstop and says everything! I'm surprised at what all she understand and says. Daycare teaches her so much...good AND bad. She's very possessive and everything is "MINE". She also LOVES to say "no" to everything. She also LOVES shoes (and jewelry). Mommy raised her right! She's so proud to wear Mommy's flip flops. She also loves Daddy's boots he wears to work. I still have to take a picture of that one!
She also loves to dance and she loves Taylor Swift songs (just like Daddy)! We were listening to CMT on a random Saturday morning and she heard Taylor...she runs into the living room, stands in front of the TV, and dances and repeats, "horsey" over and over. Notice the necklace...Thanks Anita!...she refused to take it off for the first 2 days she had it!
Callie loves to "go bye" and she requests a "moo-mie" (movie) before we even walk out the door!
Callie is such a big help with Baby Sisser. She's giving Camdyn her "bink".
I don't pretend to be anything close to a photographer but we wanted to get some nice shots of the family while Cam was still an "infant". I tried my best to get some good ones of Callie since Janel couldn't get Callie to do anything when we were in AL! She was in better mood when we took these. All I can say is Janel has TONS of patience!
This one is my favorite. I LOVE how they are looking at each other.
Callie does this at least 20 times a day!
MY LIFE!!!! I'm so blessed God gave me these 3!
I have a picture just like this of me and Callie so I wanted to have one with Camdyn too.
This week has definitely been a tough one but I still can't imagine life without my girls. I thank God every single day for them. I'm so blessed to be their Mommy. No one can prepare you for motherhood. It's the most rewarding thing in the world. These girls need me and love me and I don't think anyone can make you feel as good as they do. I know I sound emotional but this week has been an emotional week. When I found out my children were going to be a little less than 19 months apart I was terrified! I imagined days with no showers, no time for myself, not even time to eat! It hasn't been half as bad as I thought it would be. In fact, it's been a million times better. I love seeing the love they already have for each other. It makes the hard days worthwhile!
"Making the decision to have a child- it's momentous- it is to decide to forever have your heart walk outside your body".


No comments:
Post a Comment