Monday, August 16, 2010

Almost there...

WHAT A WEEK!
What a crazy week it's been. Last Saturday my Mom took the girls back to Alabama for 2 weeks and 3 days. YES...I said 2 weeks and 3 days...no typo! I miss those girls like crazy but I'm so happy they don't have to be here for the cross country move (30 hour drive AND unpacking).
We decided to rent our house in Colorado and are hoping the market will turn around in a few years...then we can hopefully sell it. God blessed us with renters (just in time). The earliest they could move in was last Wednesday and that is when they wanted to move in. Brien and I stayed really busy getting the house ready and packing, etc.
Brien left Wednesday, headed to Alabama for a few days, and he made it in 23 hours. Yes, he drove straight through all by himself. I was so worried about him. My friend Heather and I left Thursday evening. We drove 12 hours to her hometown in Illinois and spent 2 nights with her Dad. SUCH a great time! Sunday morning we headed to Dayton, OH and stayed for 1 night. My best friend Jess lives there and Heather has family there so we enjoyed seeing them. Tonight we'll head to BOSTON!!!! I dread the drive but at the same time I'm SO excited. This time tomorrow I'll be at my new house. Brien is leaving Alabama this morning and planning to drive another 23 hours straight. Pray for safe travels!
So, over this next week I will be B-U-S-Y. I need to get the house ready so I can pick up my sweet babies next Monday. We'll be in AL until Thursday. I'm so excited to have the family back together and begin to make our 'home' Boston.
Will update as soon as I can:)

No comments:

Post a Comment