Friday, June 17, 2011

Goodbye to the Hess Family

When we moved here, Jess was the first person I really 'met'. She lived across the street from us so I saw them outside a lot. She's so friendly and outgoing and she really showed an interest in getting to know me and my family. She invited us to some BBQ's. Once football season started, Tyler was at our house, or Brien was at theirs, every weekend. Through our friendship with The Hess', Brien and I met several other amazing friends and their families.

One good thing about the military life is the lifelong friendships we make. I've met some of the best friends I'll ever have since we've been in the Air Force. Friends that are like family. We spend holidays with them and they love our kids like they are their own. Just awesome people that would do anything for you. It definitely makes living so far away from your family a little easier.

Jess and Tyler


Trenton and Tyler


One of the negatives about military life is that we are always saying goodbye. As I'm typing this, The Hess' are in Germany. My girls keep asking for them and how do you explain that to a 2 and 3 year old? I'm so thankful God placed them in my life and I wish nothing but the best for them on their new adventure. BUT, we are left here in Boston...sad....and missing our neighbors and our friends...and planning a vacation to Germany:)

We all went to Kimball Farms for ice cream on their last night in town.

Callie definitely had fun!


Camdyn did too!



I LOVE this picture!


All of the kids (minus the one in Kristy's belly and Joseph)


The girls...LOVE these women!
Jess, Cheryl, Sam, Kristy, and myself. Cheryl is leaving in July but that's another post!


No comments:

Post a Comment