Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Happy Birthday to ME!


My 31st birthday was AMAZING. I love birthdays. My birthday might as well be a national holiday. I talk about it months before, I hint around at gifts I want, AND I remind those closest to me every other day how much longer it is until my birthday.

My Boston family made my day so special. I woke up singing (to Brien) 'today is my birthday'! Then my Mom sang to me. My friends had me a birthday brunch with some good food and even better company. I stayed there until noon. I took an awesome nap with the girls and got ready for our night out!


Sam and I


Katy (the hostess)


Ryan, Linds, and Nicole


Heather and Kaden


William


Asher


Nolan, Logan, and Merrick


Kristy


Rach


After my nap, Brien arranged for a sitter and I got ready for a night out. We went with 3 other couples and Katy for sushi and hibachi grill. It was SO good.

Me and the girls before dinner.


Tara, Katy, myself, Sam, and Heather


HEELS...since we didn't have to chase our kids around!


Katy


Brien and I...LOVE Sam's face in the background.

Heather and Jules


Sam and Brian

After dinner we stopped by the club then went home for some cake!

The cake was beautiful but tasted horrible. It was from Whole Foods and was very dry and didn't have any taste at all! Brien tried and it is the thought that counts!

The weekend after my birthday, I was on call. I'm only on call every 8th weekend so I didn't ask someone to switch with me. The next weekend, I was fighting a nasty, nasty, nasty, head cold. I felt so bad and I laid in bed most of Saturday. Looking back, Brien kept asking me to get up and take medicine so I could feel like doing something that night. I was so aggravated with him. I finally said, do what you want and I'll do what I want! It isn't tonight yet and I'll see how I feel! Heather came over and made me wake up. She said she wanted to spend some time with me since I had been working and not feeling well. So, off we went...

When we got home, there were about 25 people in my backyard with Happy Birthday banners saying 'Surprise'! I was absolutely shocked. I had no idea. Brien did a great job planning everything and I'm so grateful for a husband, friends, and family that go out of their way to make my birthday so special.

Nikki and Sloane
My homemade angel food cake and homemade cream from the Boerbooms.


It was such a great birthday month. I thank God for the friends and family he's given me. I've had a very blessed 31 years and I am looking forward to seeing what 32 has in store for me.

1 comment:

  1. That pic of me in the background is just hot! Love it. How many days till next year? ;)

    ReplyDelete