Last weekend Blizzard 2013 hit. We were stuck inside for 2 days which was great...BUT...after that second day I was dying to get out of this house! In a couple of weeks I'm going to be spending a lot of time inside holding a sweet baby so I need to get out while I can!
This was the hurricane of the South. There was a driving ban in effect for almost 24 hours and if you were caught driving, you received a $500 fine. People throughout the city were without electricity. There were a couple of deaths related to carbon monoxide and a couple of heart attack related incidents related to shoveling. The news was on 24/7 for 2 solid days. Luckily, we were okay. A lot of 'all day shoveling' was done by Brien but the girls and I were nice and warm inside!
We had about 2 feet of snow fall and most of it is still on the ground. UGH... I'm so done with snowy winters. We've been in the Air Force for 10 years and that has included 10 years of SNOWY WINTERS. I told B he better work out a nice warm assignment when we move next year!
This blizzard ranked in the Top 5 in Massachusetts!
This was on Friday afternoon when it first started to fall. We got most of the snowfall between midnight and waking up Saturday morning.
What we woke up to the next morning. B and 2 other neighbors helped each other get their driveways cleared.
The girl's picnic table is almost completely covered!
Notice the swings on the swing-set are buried!
The drifts on our back porch
This is coming out of our front door. That's a lot of snow!
Our house!
Taking the girls sledding. It was freezing out!
Our driveway
Sledding
After sledding, they enjoyed some hot chocolate! They were SO cold!







No comments:
Post a Comment