Thursday, September 9, 2010

Hello FALL!


Our first Boston outing with friends...

Last weekend when Brien was out of town, the girls and I went to a neighbor's BBQ. We met such a sweet family! The Barker's have 2 girls similar in age to our girls. Adeline is 3 and Norah is 9 months. Today, we joined them and went to Connors Farm in Danvers, MA. The girls AND mommies had such a great time. We got home around 2pm and my girls passed out and took a nice long nap!

First, we picked raspberries, or blueberries as Callie still calls them...




Callie ate WAY more than she picked. At first, she didn't understand the concept of putting them into the basket:)




Camdyn loved them too!


More raspberries please...


Adeline and Callie


Sweet, sweet, sweet girls...




Next, it was time to pick apples!




SO EXCITED!



She's sharing...for now...



Today is the first day I haven't wished I was in Colorado with my friends and the girl's friends. I always miss them but we always had someone to go and do fun things with. I've been wishing I could call them and plan a play date or lunch. Today felt like home. I really enjoyed spending the day with Nicole and her girls.

I don't mind moving...it's exciting to see a new part of the country and to meet new people. I just hate the first few months in a new place. It takes a little while to get settled and to not be the 'new girl' anymore. This time was a lot harder because it was our first move with kids. I worry about them not meeting little friends to play with or them hating their new 'school'. So far everything has turned out great. God has placed so many nice people in our lives since we've been in Boston. I keep telling myself I've only been here 3 weeks! I think there will be great things to come during the next 3 years here:)

2 comments:

  1. That farm looks amazing. It is mind blowing how many farms and fun things to do there are...we need to clean our garage out this weekend, but I so badly want to go and enjoy this fall weather! Love the pics, the girls are so so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had so much fun with you guys!! Can't wait to go do something else fun! Love the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete