Sunday, September 26, 2010

New England favorites! (so far)


I thought I would share a few of the things we love the most about New England (so far)!

If we leave the base, it takes about 3o minutes to go anywhere (most of the time). The girls are usually asleep before we arrive at our destination.





The traffic!!! Okay, not really, but I had to put this one in here. We've been here for a month and the traffic is already too much for me!!!



Clam Chow-da!
YUM! I didn't think I even liked it...even though Brien has always loved it! The first night we were here a waitress gave us a sample and I was hooked. SOOOOOO good! The girls LOVE it too!




Bedford Farms ice cream!!! Callie refuses to get anything other than the 'pink one'...aka...strawberry. I can't even persuade her to order chocolate! The portions are huge so Callie and Camdyn share a bowl. Callie gets so upset that Mommy and Cami are going to eat it all. The last time we went resulted in Callie's ice cream being thrown in the garbage and Mommy dragging a kicking and screaming almost 3 year old to the car, driving her home (screaming all the way), and putting her to BED! I wondered if anyone thought I was kidnapping her. It was THAT BAD... This ice cream is by far the best ice cream I've ever had...move over Young's Dairy in Ohio! The bad thing is that it's less than 10 minutes from our house:)



I can't post this without mentioning all of the WONDERFUL women (and their families) that I've met in the short month that we have been here. They have gone out of their way to make my family and myself feel so welcome here at Hanscom. I keep telling Brien how funny it is that I cried when we found out we were moving here, yet, in a short month we've made so many friends already. It already feels like home and I'm so thankful. The girls have adjusted well to daycare and Brien and I are slowly settling in and learning our new jobs.


2 comments:

  1. I for one, am soooo happy you got stationed here! Where did you get that clam chowder? My mouth is watering!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too:) We LOVE you guys! Victoria's Station in Salem. All 4 of us shared the bowl and it def wasn't enough! Then, B and I shared stuffed scallops. SOOOOO good!

    ReplyDelete