Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Discovery Museum

Brien has been gone for almost 4 weeks. He had to attend a class (work related) in Colorado Springs. The first week he was gone, both girls were sick. Callie more so than Camdyn, but both were pitiful. I was on call the following weekend and needless to say, very stressed. I'm only on call every 10th weekend so I really cannot complain. I had more than enough support from my friends and they were on 'standby' in case I got called in. Luckily, I only worked 1 case Saturday morning and was only gone for about 3 hours. Sunday I ended up in Urgent Care with Callie screaming that her ear was hurting. She's 4 and was diagnosed with her 2nd ear infection. A day or so of antibiotics and she was fine!


The next week was great. We were all doing great, feeling good, and anxious to get out of the house! Sunday afternoon we went to the Discovery Museum in Acton with The Julseths. The kids LOVE it and the best part is that it is free for military.


We had been there 10 minutes and guess where my girls wanted to spend the remainder of our time??? The CRAFT room!







I finally managed to lure them away.




Callie was pretty proud of herself for being able to do this 'trick'.


But, girls will be girls...and my girls are GIRLY!




The kiddos!


We will definitely be going back when Daddy comes home!


Brien will be home Friday evening. We are so excited. Callie has had a rough time. There has been lots of tears, lots of asking for Daddy to put her to bed, and lots of talking on the phone and skyping to Daddy. She has became very clingy to me and recently asked me if I still loved her a lot. Not sure where that came from. Brien is such a hands on father and I'm really feeling the load of being a single parent! He's really missing us but has had his share of fun...skiing in Vail to name a few of the 'fun' things he has done over the past 4 weeks. We will be so happy to have Daddy home!



No comments:

Post a Comment