Mothers Day...one of my favorite holidays... This year was so bittersweet for me.
The girls were really excited about it. Callie talked about it all week. She explained in detail what she was making for me at preschool. She also told me what all she wanted to buy for me (flowers, a card, a wine glass, and candy and gum, of course). They couldn't wait for me to wake up on Sunday so that they could give me my gifts. At preschool Callie made me a flower in art class (yellow, my favorite color, of course) and she planted some seeds for me too. She thinks I'm 60 years old but I will post about that later!
My Mom was in town for the weekend. I haven't spent Mother's Day with her since I got married (9 years). So, I was overjoyed to be able to spend this one with her. HOWEVER, all weekend, in the back of my mind, was the fact that she was going to be taking the girls home with her on Sunday afternoon...for 2 weeks. So, I enjoyed my day but it would've been so much better if no one was leaving!
What I woke up to...
The girls were so happy to have Grammy here. They were even happier to 'go to her house'.
We went to the club for brunch and it was very good!
The Boerbooms joined us!
Camdyn is a meat eater! She ate so much that I finally told her no more. She ate more than I did...seriously. She couldn't get enough steak and bacon. When I told her no more steak, she began eating Brien's ham. Forget the cake. Bring this girl some meat!
I got lots and lots of Callie love that morning. She understood she was leaving and that I was going to miss her terribly. She told me not to worry. She would call me and she would be home faster.
Daddy got lots of Cami snuggles. She's a Daddy's girl these days...and I'm not sure if I like that or not.
Katy got lots of lovin' too!
All in all, it was a fabulous day. We dropped Mom and the girls off at the airport and we went to Fenway. We enjoyed a nice afternoon Red Sox game.
The girls are having a blast and Brien and I are too:)




Your girls are the sweetest! Enjoy them being away for a bit and your italy trip, I read on FB you are going soon and I am jealous! CAn't wait to read all about it :)
ReplyDelete