Last weekend was a busy one! People keep asking me how I do it all at 34 weeks pregnant! I reply that I won't do more than I feel like doing! Friday night was Brien's 'After Holiday' party for work. We never go but this year thought it would be fun. I stuffed myself into the most flattering maternity dress I could find and off we went. I worked that day so I was up at 5:15, off at 5:30, changed at work, and B picked me up at 6:50. We were at the hotel by 7:00 and home by 10:00. I literally could not keep my eyes open. My friend Kristy watched the girls at my house so once we got home I went straight to bed.
I didn't mention that I had been practicing (every single night for a week) for a play I was in on Saturday night. I voluteer a little with the Hanscom Spouse's Club here on base. I really enjoy it and have met some wonderful ladies. I'm on the board as the Membership Chair and I try to help out as much as I can with smaller kids and a new baby on the way. Every January, the HSC puts on a Murder Mystery Dinner. For some STRANGE reason, this year, I volunteered to help. Not sure why but all I know is that I had a fabulous time. The cast was awesome and no matter how tired I was or how late we practiced, I had SO much fun while we were there. I have to admit that this week (with no practice) I've felt lost...like I needed to be someplace. I've missed my friends:)
The cast of 'Did Someone Say Murder'
The detective and the hostess
Lots of people died...I was even dead for awhile!
The pregnant hostess was able to show off her karate moves:)
The end!
I do not speak in front of people...especially 140 people!!!! This enabled me to step outside of my comfort zone and I'm so glad I did! Once I walked out and said my first line, I was over my nervousness! I would love to participate next year but I will have a baby at home and Brien will be just coming home from a deployment. So, needless to say, I will be at home snuggling with my man instead of rehearsals!





No comments:
Post a Comment