Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Breckenridge Ski Trip


We just got back from an awesome week long ski trip to Breckenridge, CO. Brien and I went a lot when we lived in Colorado Springs. The first year we lived there we had season passes since it was only a 1.5 hour drive to the slopes. The next year I was due with Callie. That next year, I was newly pregnant with Camdyn! Our last year there was just too busy! We stilled skied off an on but not as much as I would have liked to.

It snowed quite a bit while we were there. I've never seen so much powder. I'm out of shape and my legs definitely felt it. I'm very proud of myself for tackling my first black diamonds. I did great, if I do say so myself, and there weren't 'that' bad after all. Our condo was gorgeous and our bedroom had the best view. I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of it. The trip was SOOOOO fun but I was so happy to get back home to my girls!



Our friends, The Holts, came and stayed 3 nights.


My friend Heather came and stayed a few nights too. Jess' sister and Dad came for a night but I never took any pictures of them. They were so nice and so much fun!

On Brien's actual birthday he wanted to ski the bowls (and more dangerous stuff) with Tyler. So, the girls had a girl's day! Lunch at an Irish pub, shopping, and a wine tasting at D'Vine Wineries. I wasn't too fond of it but the labels were cute:)

Happy 30th birthday B!

Our awesome Boston friends AND neighbors, Jess and Tyler.

Brien and Tyler

Jess and E doing the 'skinny arm'

B blowing out his wings:) The waitress put a candle in it for his birthday! We ate dinner at The Breckenridge Brewery.

Jess and THE BIGGEST plate of nachos EVER! They were soooo good! I should have taken a picture of my appetizer...Rocky Mountain Bleu Balls. They were chicken cordon bleu balls that were amazing!

Black diamonds!

Gorgeous!

Taking a break with our Chai lattes.

E!

Tyler was skiing in the trees and ended up hitting a tree. We went to the ski patrol hut because we thought he needed a band-aid for a scratch on his leg. I won't post the pics but it was a lot more than a scratch that needed a band-aid.


Pulled down the mountain so he could get 24 stitches! Luckily this happened on our last day!

Our last night in Breck and the view from our living room.
We had such a great week. It was even more fun because of the people that spent the week with us. We're looking forward to making this (or someplace warm) a yearly vacation for The House and Hess family and anyone else that wants to come:)

Jess took a lot of good pictures but she hasn't shared her pics with me yet. When and IF she does, I'll post them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment