We just returned from a wonderful visit to Alabama. We were so fortunate to be able to spend Christmas and New Years with them this year. We almost didn't make it though. We were scheduled to fly on Christmas day. On Christmas Eve, Delta called to cancel our flight from Atlanta to Pensacola. We couldn't find another flight out of Atlanta because they were expecting snow flurries that afternoon. The entire airport was closing as soon as we landed. Brien's parents drove 4 hours to pick us up and 4 hours to bring us from Atlanta to their house. When we checked in, we were told this was our only chance to get home. If not, we would be spending at least 2 days in Atlanta. We made it home around 5 pm. We had a lovely Christmas dinner at the airport... Atlanta Bread Company's soup and salad... and we all enjoyed it! It really was good! The girls did great flying and in the car for 4 hours. They have traveled all of their lives and you can definitely tell they are experienced travelers!
We had several different 'Christmas' with our parents and extended families. We went to Bellingrath Gardens with Brien's family to see the Christmas lights (the girls LOVED it). I went with my parents to take the girls to see Yogi Bear. It was Camdyn's first movie and she did much better than I expected. She isn't really into TV yet and she got a little antsy at times.
My Mom and I were able to do some shopping and lunch...our girl time! Brien did a lot of hunting so I was able to do a lot of catching up with my Mother in law too. I read ' The Help' while we were there and now she's reading it. Such a great read! I also got to eat plenty of GOOD food...steaks AND tons of seafood. My Dad grilled oysters for me and they were amazing as always. I can't believe I didn't gain weight while we were there!
We are so blessed that the girls always remember our family...no matter how often they get to see them. I love watching the girls with our family and feel blessed to have so much help when I'm home:) I miss my girls while we are there!
As always, I came home a little depressed. It will take me about a week to get back into the swing of things and not miss Alabama and my family so much. I'm so grateful for the time we get to spend together.
Enjoy ALL of the pics. I took around 200...these are just a few of my favorites!!!
Uncle Joe and Camdyn









No comments:
Post a Comment