Labor weekend was a blast! The weather was perfect...I was feeling much better...we had a great weekend !
I was working and on call Friday night so we stayed in. Saturday morning we went canoeing with The James' and Boerbooms. The kids loved it almost as much as the adults. I didn't take any pics of my family or The Boerbooms but we got a couple of cute ones of The James'.
Saturday night we all watched the Alabama game (ROLL TIDE) and Sunday morning packed the truck and headed to our campsite. Last year was the first camping trip for our girls and they did great and had a great time. This trip was even better. The Boerbooms came along, and despite Katy's fears of being eaten by a bear or killed by a bee sting (she's allergic), they had a great time too.
The kids were FILTHY...not just dirty...FILTHY. It caused Katy and I a little anxiety but they were having the time of their lives and that is all that mattered!
B and Jason gathering 'sticks' for our awesome campfire!
This city doggie wasn't quite used to 'roughing' it :)
Sweet Mary worked for hours on this 'centerpiece' for our picnic table.
Cami and Ms. Katy. Oh my gosh...look at Cami's face...
Callie spent most of her time collecting acorns to bring home for our squirrels. Yes, we have a plastic cup full of acorns in our garage.
S'more time!!!
Here are the canoeing pics.
Maddie wasn't thrilled with the jacket!
The James'
We were so sad to see summer come to an end. I have to admit that I'm ready for fall in New England...if only we could skip winter...










No comments:
Post a Comment