Thursday, November 15, 2012

Sweet Home Alabama


I'm finally getting time to blog about our Alabama trip.  It was so nice to be at home...for almost 2 weeks!  Boy do I love the South.  No matter where we live, the South will always be our home...maybe not Uriah,  but the South nonetheless.  I dream of the day we can settle down and be within a couple hours drive to see our families. With that said, I love this crazy military life we live and it's what we are doing for another decade!  

I love that the girls love home just as much as we do.  They love being outside, riding the golf carts, playing in the dirt, and just enjoying the country life!

B's dad farms cotton and peanuts.  We planned a fall trip so that he could help out on the farm.  He enjoys the work (says it was nice being told what to do and clocking out at the end of the day instead of constantly thinking about work...like he does here).  I LOVED being home this time of year. I had forgotten about the cotton fields and the smells of the harvest.  The dust and the sound of the cotton pickers in the fields...little things that I didn't realize that I missed.  




Harvesting peanuts




B hard at work!


Around B's parent's home




Lobo and 'the barn'


Lobo



Here are some pics from around my parent's home.  


My hill...  The hill before you get to my parent's house.



Cotton pickers hard at work






Last but not least...  B hunting.  It's the main reason he loves home so much!  Seriously...he would rather hunt than do anything else in this world. Here he is with another nasty hog!


We had a great time and can't wait to take our newest girl home to see where she's from:)

No comments:

Post a Comment