Veteran's Day weekend we explored Vermont. Our good friends and neighbors, The Hoys, found a great deal online and invited us and The James' to tag along. For Veteran's Day, certain Bed & Breakfasts were giving military a free night's stay. The one we stayed at was 4 hours away. The girls did great on the drive. We made frequent stops there and back to stop and see some great places. The house and the owners were amazing. We had some great appetizers and the next morning we had the best breakfast I've had in a long time! Overall, it was the perfect getaway! The girls keep asking when can we go on another 'cation'.
It reminded me a lot of Colorado with all of the little mountain towns. Imagine Colorado with farmland. We saw quite a bit of John Deere tractors, etc.
We did some sampling at Cabot Cheese and took home a lot of it!
Chocolate shop! The girls were impressed.
Ben & Jerry's
Enjoying their ice cream with Mack.
Maddie after eating her ice cream
The Bed and Breakfast we stayed at was on Lake Champlain. It was a gorgeous home!
Across the lake was Canada. I would love to go before we move!
The kiddos had breakfast on the porch (cereal and fruit). After they ate, they were able to watch the Disney channel while the adults enjoyed a nice sit down breakfast in the dining room!
On the way home, we stopped by the Magic Hat Brewery. The kids enjoyed it!
Sampling some beer (except Cami!)
Maddie and Callie
Magic Hat had a photo booth so the girls got ready with some props!
Next stop was the County Store. I told the girls they could have one thing....WHATEVER they wanted in the entire store. They picked out $2.37 worth of candy...sigh...
Callie knew what she wanted before we even walked in!
Next up was the Woodchuck Brewery! I LOVE Woodchuck!!!!!!!!!!!! I still can't believe I went! Nothing impressive since it is a small brewery. They are building a nice big one down the street with a tasting room and tours because they've outgrown their current location. Nice to know I'm not the only Woodchuck drinker out there! It was still cool to see and the marketing guy took us on a tour anyway. Who cares about the tasting room since I can't have any!
We even went home with a free gift! A pint glass, keychain, and chapstick!
The last stop before making the final 2 hours home was Quechee Gorge.
The Hoys
The James
The twins
Callie and Mack
That was our first Bed and Breakfast stay. Kids aren't normally allowed but because of the military special, they made an exception. It was our first experience staying at one and we'll definitely stay at one again...minus the girls! We are slowly trying to see and do as much as we can while living in New England. Vermont...CHECK!



















No comments:
Post a Comment