Callie will turn 3 this Friday. I really cannot believe it. It really seems like yesterday that I was SO anxious to meet my baby girl. I absolutely could not wait to meet her. That last month seemed to go on forever.
I'm so thankful God chose me for her mother. I feel so undeserving but I strive every single day to be the best one I can possibly be. I wasn't prepared for the amount of love I would feel for her. She brings me so much joy...more than I ever imagined that she could. I'm constantly amazed by the things she does and the things she says. She looks just like her Daddy but acts just like her Mommy! She's stubborn, strong willed, organized, wants everything perfect, gets angry if something isn't just right, easily frustrated with herself, has the ' I do it by myself ' attitude... I could go on and on!
I was holding her last night (like a baby because sometimes she will let me) and I asked her what happened to Mommy's little baby Callie. I told her that she used to be tiny like Baby William (our neighbor across the street) but she grew up to be a big girl! Brien told her she was going to be big like Mommy one day:) She liked hearing that! I told her I missed having a little baby. I said, 'should we get a doggie or have another baby'. Surprisingly, her answer was to have another baby. That wasn't the answer Daddy wanted to hear!
She's definitely a Daddy's girl but when she wants Mommy...she WANTS Mommy. I love watching her with Camdyn. Poor Cami has two mothers. Callie's been caught changing her diaper, spanking her, and feeding her. She understands toddler very well and will often tell me what Camdyn wants or needs. I'm very impressed by that.
It makes me so sad to see how fast she's growing. At the same time, I'm excited for her to grow up. I wonder what she'll be when she's big like Mommy or what she will be like when she's older...if she will love me half as much as I love my Mom.
Happy 'almost' 3rd birthday to my Big Girl!


Ohh, I love this post. You are such an amazing Mommy, Erica! The sad part is, even if we had 5 more babies, our first babies will never ever be babies again! Happy almost Birthday Callie!
ReplyDelete