Last week, Callie brought home her first 'school assignment'. She was supposed to read Owl Babies and write about them and put a couple of pictures in the Book and Share Notebook.
Callie and the Owl Babies, Percy, Sarah, and Bill. The book was about 3 baby owls that couldn't find their Mommy.

Callie 'reading' the book to Camdyn. LOVE this picture!
Here is what 'we' wrote in the notebook.
I love the Owl Babies. My Mommy read it to me before I went to bed. My sister, Camdyn, loved it too.
I love to look at books. I don't know how to read so I make up my own stories that go along with the pages. I read Owl Babies to my little sister, Cami.
My favorite owl was 'Percy...because he loves my shirt'. :-)
I kissed the owls bye and put them back in their bag.
***My next goal is to (be sneaky) and video Callie 'reading'. She's SO cute making up her own words for each of the pages. Her Dora books always start off as.... Hola. I'm Dora.... She's pretty good. We've read certain books to her so much that she pretty much knows what is on each of the pages. ***


No comments:
Post a Comment