Brien left this morning (3:30am) headed to San Antonio for a week. It never fails, IF something is going to happen, it WILL happen when he is gone! I'm not complaining because he really isn't gone 'that' much. But, timing is everything...
Last night around 9, B and I were sitting on the couch talking when we heard Cami crying and a dog barking. I asked if he had her window open. It wasn't open and we ran into her room to find her struggling to breathe (and sounding like a barking dog) I'm a nurse, but NOT when it comes to my own children. I somehow managed to remember that I should take her outside to breathe in the cold air. I sat and rocked her while singing quietly in her ear. She finally calmed down and was able to breathe normally. In the meantime, I sent B across the street to get my friend Katy (since her son has had croup several times).
B said I should take her in, Katy agreed, and I'm glad I did. Turns out she has croup (figured) and the doctor said it's best to take them in as soon as possible so they can get a dose of steroids. It will last about 3 days and the trouble breathing will happen at night. Steriods help tremendously but will not make it go away completely. So, she slept with us last night while we had our ceiling fan on high and our window open. Camdyn slept great but we all froze!
This is her picture once we got home. Happy as can be at 11:30 pm! She got some yummy 'meh-sin' AND a bag full of prizes...coloring book and crayons, Mrs. Potato Head, baby, bubbles, etc.

Showing off her new bracelet
Showing Daddy what the doctor did to her!
I had to call in today since I was scheduled to work and B isn't here. Here's hoping my baby is better and won't give her parents a scare like that EVER again!

No comments:
Post a Comment