Someone please tell me where the last 5 years went. It really seems like yesterday that I became a Mommy for the first time. Now, here I am working on my third child. Callie has brought so much joy to our lives in such a short time. I honestly can't remember what life was like without her in it. She's so smart and loves school. She has a memory like no other! She remembers EVERYTHING. She can tell me all about something that happened over a year ago. It reminds me so much of my late grandma, Mama Alma. She is also organized and a hoarder. She wants to save every piece of paper that she draws on, etc. I save most of it but sometimes this Mommy gets caught when a little someone finds a balled up picture in the garbage...terrible I know.... She's such a loving child. She gets her feelings hurt very easily and often cries because Camdyn (or others) is hurting or sad. She is generous with her hugs, kisses, and I love you's. I like to think that B and I have taught this to her since we are always generous with ours as well. She's shy but when she's comfortable around you, you'll get the real Callie. She's got a hearty belly laugh that makes my soul smile! She loves pretending and being a Mommy is her favorite thing. She loves those baby dolls. She's over the moon excited about a new baby sister too and this makes B and I ecstatic about our growing family. She loves to sing but too bad she has her Mommy's singing voice. Ahhh, Callie, my firstborn, my big baby girl. This world is a much better place because you are in it Boo Bear!
When we were in Alabama my Mom noticed these gorgeous wild flowers on the side of the highway. I attempted a few pictures of Callie but I wasn't that happy with them due to my lack of photography skills.
We decided to do something different for her birthday party. We went with a Pancakes and PJ's theme at 9:30 in the morning.
Party favors...Yoo Hoos and powdered donuts
The menu... pancakes, bacon, sausage, breakfast casserole, french toast casserole, yogurt parfait bar, orange and apple juice, milk, and chocolate milk.
Making fruit loop necklaces
Time for breakfast!
Silly girl!
Our family
The birthday cake! Dunkin Donuts!
Piñata time!
Stella and Camdyn being silly
Time for gifts!
On Callie's actual birthday, she opened gifts from us before going to school. I volunteered in her classroom that morning and read a book during circle time. We also gave silly straws to all of her friends.
Her big girl scooter!
The only request she had for her birthday was to go to Chuck E Cheese. We met a few of her friends there for dinner. She had a great time.
We had a great day!

















No comments:
Post a Comment