New York City is only 4 hours from Boston. Summer before last the family went for 3 days (click here) and had a great time. I don't really care for the city AT ALL. It's too busy, rushed, too many people, and not enough grass! I'm not a city girl and I definitely need my space with a house and a yard! Seeing NYC at Christmas is definitely a reason to visit again. 4 of my girlfriends and myself took the bus (complete with a bathroom and wifi) on a Saturday morning and came back about 1:30 am on Sunday morning. We had a fabulous time and I'm going to cherish those memories that we made. Two, possibly 3, of the 5 of us will be moving this summer so that made this trip even more special. I was a little nervous about how I would feel being almost 30 weeks pregnant. 8 hours on a bus and 8 hours in the city walking around, etc. but I did great. I wasn't tired until we took our seats for the trip home. I slept 3 of the 4 hours home.
There were Santas, elves, Christmas trees, and just people dressed up for Christmas EVERYWHERE! We wondered if there was some sort of Santa convention so we finally asked and it was a Santa crawl. Pub crawl Santa style! They were definitely having a lot of fun:)
Here are a few of them standing outside of a bar. There were many, many, many more throughout the city.
Katy
The girls (and a million other people) in Times Square
The famous 'ball' that will be dropping very soon!
We had lunch at Guy Fieri's (Food Network) new restaurant. It was VERY good!
The decorations in front of Fox News. No matter how hard we tried not to look, we couldn't take our eyes off of the ticker and reading about the school shootings that happened the day before.
We would have loved to go and see a show but didn't want to take up 2-3 hours of our valuable 'city time'.
The famous Rockefeller Tree!!! Big doesn't even begin to describe it!
We went to the 'Top of the Rock' to see an amazing view of the city! They give a military discount which is almost HALF OFF! Even at night it was stunning. The blue building is the Empire State Building.
We ended the night with a piece of the World's Greatest Cheesecake from Juniors...CONGRATULATIONS you did it (from the movie Elf...lots of laughs with that)!









No comments:
Post a Comment